This is the third installment in the Blacksmithing Series from Panteao’s Make Ready to Survive videos. Now that you have the blacksmithing equipment and honed your skills making basic tools, Dave Canterbury shows you how to make a fixed blade knife from a used horseshoe rasp file and some plywood. Dave walks you through material choices, annealing, shaping the blade profile, bevel hammering, final profiling, punching for the handle, normalizing, initial blade grind, heat treat, tempering, installing and shaping the scales (handles), and final grind and buff. Dave Canterbury is an experienced & skilled survivalist, having years of experience in bush crafting, outdoor self-reliance and primitive skills. He founded The Pathfinder School because of his dedication to passing on the “tribal knowledge” of outdoor self-reliance and primitive skills to anyone and everyone who wants to learn. After watching this video you will have all the info in front of you needed to make your own knife from scrap materials like an old file and some leftover scraps of plywood.
Make Ready to Survive: Dave Canterbury on Blacksmithing a Knife
$14.99 – $29.99
At Panteao we like to reward our customers for purchases and other support with points which can be redeemed for discounts on our website. There is no limit to the savings you can earn.
How to Earn Points
How do you earn points? It’s simple. Here is the breakdown:
- Spend $10 on our website and earn 1 point.
- Write a review on one of our videos on our website and earn 1 point.
- Refer a friend and when your friend makes a purchase on our site, you earn 3 points for every $10 your friend spends on our site. Refer a friend HERE
- You can track the amount of points you’ve earned in your My Account section of the website.
Redeem Points for Discounts
For every point you earn you can redeem it for a $1 discount. During Checkout your accumulated points are listed and ready to be used. Don’t want to redeem all your points at once? Use just a partial redemption during the checkout process. It’s that simple.
Panteao Digital Downloads
You can purchase the Panteao videos and add them to your digital collection. You will need the Free RLX Media Player in order to download and watch the purchased videos. It’s three easy steps:
1. Download and install the Free RLX Video Player on your PC or Mac, Apple iOS smartphone or iPad, or on your Android powered smartphone or tablet.2. Open the player and if not already signed-in to the RLX Player, enter your email and the system-generated player password or your existing player password.*3. Once logged in to the player, you can download the video you purchased to your device. Make sure you have an internet connection until the video is finished downloading.
For more information and to download the player, CLICK HERE